1) The Contest begins on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of North York Hockey League, Briere Goaltending, Burton Sports and Entertainment Management Inc. (the “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. be a registered member of the North York Hockey League, or one of it's member clubs, AND
i. be registered to attend the Steve Briere Goalie Camp, July 24-26, 2018 in Toronto, OR
ii. During the Contest Period, submit your online entry at www.brieregoaltending.com/contest-entry.
4) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you register to attend the Steve Briere Goalie Camp described above, or submit an entry online as described above.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5) On Thursday, March 9, in Barrie, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, eight (8) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by private message via email and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by email within forty-eight (48) hours of notification and accept the prize.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within one (48) hours of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to respond with acceptance via email, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
9) Grand Prize: There will be eight (8) grand prizes available to be won, consisting of one (1) entrance to Air Canada Centre (2 Bay Street, Toronto, ON), March 14, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), and one (1) meet-and-greet with Steve Briere (“Grand Prize”).
NOTE: The Grand Prize does not include, and the Sponsor will not pay for, transportation to and/or from the Air Canada Centre. Finalists must arrange for their own transportation, accommodation, and spending money.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
10) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
11) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
12) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
13) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
14) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
15) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
16) By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry only for the purpose of administering the Contest.